The Allen Civic Ballet is a 501(c)3 non-profit dance company established in 1999 by five dancers who were studying under Nathalie Krassovska, Prima Ballerina of the Ballet Russe de Monte Carlo and London Festival Ballet.
The Ballet seeks to offer high quality, affordable and enjoyable dance performances in Allen, while providing valuable experience to those considering a career in the profession. The company is open by audition to all dancers ages 12-21 and offers local students at the advanced, pre-professional level:
- The opportunity to take Master Classes with Internationally famous ballet dancers.
- The chance to work with established, professional choreographers.
- Numerous performance opportunities, including performances to live music.
- The experience of working within the community to share and promote the art of dance.
Our season begins with the “Nutcracker” ballet each December, with live musical accompaniment provided by the Allen Philharmonic Orchestra.
Our Spring season consists of an extensive number of performances in and around the Allen area, including “Pirouettes for Pets,” a free dance concert highlighting the needs of animals in the Allen area.
Our season comes to a close with “Bravo!” an exciting evening of classical and contemporary dance.
The Allen Civic Ballet is proud to collaborate with and support other area arts and non-profit organizations. The Ballet has donated performances or other services to:
- Allen Animal Shelter
- Allen Art to Go
- Allen Arts Alliance
- Allen ISD
- Allen Philharmonic Orchestra
- Allen Symphony Chorus
- Charity Through Art Organization
- Children’s Hospital
- City of Allen
- Friends of the Allen Public Library
- HeART for ART
- Heritage Guild of Allen
- Make a Wish Foundation
The Allen Civic Ballet is a proud member of the Allen Arts Alliance.
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Emeritus Nathalie Krassovska